Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Big Cheese

So you must have picked up by now that I am a Clapper, Christian, Lordy lass.  At one point I was going to do a blog called The Confused Christian  and write about all the Lordy stuff I ponder over, struggle with etc.

My old blog had plenty Lordy debates and I am sure I will post about God stuff here too.  People tend to get a little scary when I post God stuff.  In fact some of you will probably stop reading this post before I can even get to The Big Cheese but stay a bit and listen to my intro.

Sister Nina is not Lordy, in fact none of my siblings are.   I have bought those rollerblading knee pads to protect my old knees for all the hours I spend on bended knee praying for them.  Kind of.  She is a big Glee fan and in one of the episodes a character saw Jesus in a cheese sandwich and called him The Lord Cheesus which is what Nina and I now call Him.   I mean no respect and The Lord Cheesus (TLC) I know has a good sense of humour and wouldn't be offended. 

I am not quite sure where I fit in in the churchy/world scale.  I am a little left for most churchy folk and a little right for non churchy folk.   Their is a scripture that talks about working out our salvation and that's what I do.  I grapple, I question, I read, I pray and I talk to TLC as well as other people.  The other day my 9 year old Rebeka was asking me about Harry Potter and if she could watch it.  I told her some people have a big issue with it like many things in life and she should trust the holy spirit that lives in her heart.   She told me she would watch and if she had a funny feeling in her tummy and she knew if was a God feeling, she would switch it off.  I felt so proud of her.  Discernment, knowing God's voice and obeying.  Trusting that He would guide her and speak to her.   I want my kids to love Him and know Him but I don't want them to do things or not do things because others are saying so.   When we look at history we see what awful things people did or didn't do because they just followed.  They did not question or debate or wrestle.

I have been a Christian for 13 years come this November and its been such a ride and continues to be.   I see TLC as God personified and when He was on earth he just loved people.  He never condemned, He never just listen to authority if He felt it clashed with His principles.  A rebel, a visionary, a lover of God and man.   He says to love the Lord your God with all your heart and all your soul and to love your neighbour as you love yourself.   The gay neighbour, the Muslim one, the Goth one, the one from Parow with plastic curlers who has now moved in next door, everyone who makes up our world.  One day I will stand before God as we all will and account for my life and I will always err on the side of love. I do believe my choices which many times will be the wrong ones, will be graced as God will know my heart.  When its just Jesus, without the politics and BS and religion and opinions, its pure addictive non judgmental unconditional love and grace and acceptance and the safest kindest place to be.  I am so grateful to have TLC in my life and the lives of my kids and Gary.

I leave you with one of my fave scriptures which explains love, aka TLC aka God.

1 Corinthians 13:1-13 - Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

2 comments:

  1. You are SO on the same page as me! I couldn't have said it better myself :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! Well written & well expressed!

    ReplyDelete